Monday 9 January 2012

MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH ICT

When I was at school, the teacher or English only uses CDs and videos which was our ICT. But in this moment when the teacher uses them, I feel that the activity was more interesting and enjoyable than the text book. Now I know all the tips that exist and I agree completely with their use. Because:

-they permit us that the learning´s process is interactive and significant, provide us thousand of resources which permit to know real material.

-Look for information promotes the development of the students ´critical capacity because they  have to select it, to develop their autonomy and all this generate that the learners feel more motivated in relation with the subject

To sum up, I believe that we should use ICT how It is possible, but mix them with the knowledge  and experience of our teachers and with some traditional skills too. The ICT don´t work alone, they need us, and they facilitate us our work and the learning process of the students.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Esther!
    Yes, they are really lucky!
    My students get very excited when we check activties, that's the chance for using the IWB.
    Good point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Esther. We have to tap those resources and to teach our students in an entertaining and enjoyable. Every day I see teachers who only use the textbooks and the students are bored in class. If we have ICT, why not take advantage of them?
    a greeting
    Vero

    ReplyDelete